This year the open competition for students all around the world is all about cities
The Ericsson Innovation Awards 2016 is an open competition for students all around the world. This year the competition is all about cities. Today, more people live in cities than in rural areas, and by 2050, about 70 percent of the world’s population is expected to reside in urban areas. Ensuring that our cities are creative, connected and sustainable is a major challenge but also an opportunity to improve the lives of billions of people along with the health and future of the planet itself. What is your next big idea?
The challenge for Ericsson Innovation Awards 2016 is: The future of city life? What possibilities emerge when more and more people connect? How can we create opportunities for creating better life for billions living in cities? How can we transform our cities using new technologies? What is your next big idea?
The cash prizes are just one aspect of winning the Ericsson Innovation Awards this year: there are important career-enhancing incentives on offer too
- First prize: EUR 25,000
- Second prize: EUR 15,000
- Third prize: EUR 1,000
- Fourth prize: EUR 1,000
All finalists and semi-finalists will be given the opportunity to be interviewed for a possible internship or position at Ericsson.
Dates to remember
- September 18-November 30: Phase 1 – Registration and submission. Register your team.
- November 30-December 17: Open voting and Ericsson jury evaluation.
- December 18: Semi-finalists announcement. 10 teams announced that make it into semi-finals.
- December 19-February 11: Phase 2 – Development of a Minimum Viable Product, etc. Working with Ericsson experts to develop your idea.
- February 19: Finalist announcement. 4 teams announced that have made it into the grand final.
Date TBD: Award ceremony / final event in Stockholm, Sweden.
- EIA website: http://www.ericsson.com/thecompany/events/ericsson-innovation-awards
- EIA Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/ericssoninnovationawards