The measures taken by one of the most populated cities in the world were published in the EUROCITIES report
In the report prepared by the Foreign Relations Department of the IMM and the Istanbul Investment Agency (IIA), the measures taken against the pandemic by the IMM since March 2020, when the Covid-19 incidents started in our country, were included in the same report with cities such as Barcelona, Milan, Amsterdam and Paris.
The actions taken by the IMM for 16 million Istanbulites are explained in detail in the report on measures taken in 5 different categories regarding the COVID-19 outbreak.
Category (from the 5 options of the EUROCITIES) are:
- Social measures to provide targeted support to vulnerable groups: elderly, migrants and refugees, homeless, women, children, families in need etc.
- Economic relief measures to help people in need: such as income support, basic material assistance, freezing rent payments for people in social housing, or freezing mortgage payments.
- Economic measures to support local economy: such as financial support to small and medium enterprises, measures to help people buy products and services locally etc.
- Housing measures: e.g. extension of shelters, new emergency housing, etc.
- Recovery measures: any information on how you are working for the recovery in your city.