The Smart City Expo World Congress is starting on Tuesday, November 15th. Do you want to know what is happening at every moment and where? You can read here the complete programme of the three days exhibition so you will not miss a thing.
Tuesday, November 15
• 10:10 - KEYNOTE SESSION: Cities for Citizens, Citizens Changing Cities
• 10:15 - 11:15 PLENARY SESSION: Improving Governance Models for Steering Urban Growth
• 11:30 - 12:30 DIALOGUE SESSION: The Future of Urban Mobility
• 11:30 - 12:30 PARALLEL SESSIONS: Proactive City Data Governance, Real-Time Open Data Fuelling the Next Generation of Urban Services, Holistic Approaches to Urban Development and Resilience
• 12:45 - 13:45 PARALLEL SESSIONS: Addressing Urban Growth through City Planning, Fostering the Health and Well-being of Our Cities and Citizens, Walkable and Cyclable Cities, Smart Regions & Communities Addressing Urban Challenges, Building a Distributed Future: Blockchains and Cryptocurrencies, Urban Innovation Areas Underpinning Economic Growth
• 14:00 - 15:00 PARALLEL SESSIONS: Enhancing Civic Engagement in the Digital Age, Cities at the Front of the Climate Change Battlefield, Implementing Flexible and Multi-Modal Transport Services, Implementing the New Urban Agenda, Big Data for More Responsive and Human Cities, Financial Tools to Fund Smart Cities Initiatives
• 15:15 - 16:15 PLENARY SESSION: Entrenching Sustainability and Resilience Principles: Shaping the Future of Cities
• 16:15 - 17:00 DIALOGUE SESSION: Cities Leading the World of Tomorrow
• 17:15 - 18:15 PLENARY SESSION: Addressing Emerging Challenges of Sustainable Urban Development
Wednesday, November 16
• 10:00 - 10:30 KEYNOTE SESSION: Ellen MacArthur - THE FUNDAMENTAL ROLE OF CITIES IN CATALYSING TRANSITION TOWARDS A CIRCULAR ECONOMY
• 10:30 - 11:30 PLENARY SESSION: Towards More Inclusive, Safe and Healthy Cities
• 11:45 - 12:45 PARALLEL SESSIONS: Translating IoT into Innovation and Better Services, Business Ecosystems Enabling Innovation in Cities, Integration and Engagement of Women in Urban Development, Open Innovation and Crowdsourcing Enabling Urban Development, Housing and Open Public Spaces at the Core of Inclusive Cities, Innovative Ideas to Move People Around Cities
• 13:00 - 14:00 PARALLEL SESSIONS: Data & Technology Solutions Harnessing the Potential of the Social & Sharing Economy, Co-Cities Advancing Collaborative Urban Development, Benchmarking City Performance: Indicators, Metrics, Standards, Cities Moving Forward on Clean Energy, Strategies to Protect Critical Infrastructure and Ensure Digital Safety
• 14:15 - 15:15 ROUNDTABLE SESSIONS: Cities at the Forefront of Refugee's Integration
• 14:15 - 15:15 PARALLEL SESSIONS: Collaborative Platforms for Digital Social Innovation and Sustainability, Shared & On-demand Mobility Services, Intelligent Platforms to Promote Open Government and Service Management
• 15:30 - 16:30 PARALLEL SESSIONS: Public-Private-People Partnerships and New Forms of Collaboration, ITS Managing Complex Mobility Networks, Scaling-up Social Innovation Through Living Labs, Innovative Energy Solutions for a Carbon-Constrained World, Public Sector's Open and Agile Services, Finding the Balance Between Privacy and Security
• 16:45 - 17:15 KEYNOTE SESSION: Parag Khanna - WHY WE NEED MORE CONNECTED CITIES?
• 17:15 - 18:15 PLENARY SESSION: Collaborative Partnerships to Achieve Common Urban Goals
• 18:30 - 19:30 WORLD SMART CITY AWARDS + SMART PARTY
Thursday, November 17
• 10:00 - 11:00 PARALLEL SESSIONS: Data Collection & Management for Efficient Urban Mobility, Technology in Resilient Recovery, Bridging the Urban Divide: Building Cities for All Solutions to Measure City Performance and Achieve Collaborative Governance, Open, Flexible, Scalable City Platforms, Making Our Cities a Safer Place to Live
• 11:10 - 11:40 KEYNOTE SESSION: Susan Etlinger - ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE IN THE DIGITAL CITY
• 11:40 - 12:55 PLENARY SESSION: Data for Urban and Social Transformation
• 13:00 - 14:00 PLENARY SESSION: Rethinking Mobility Patterns to Build More Liveable Cities
• 14:10 - 15:10 PARALLEL SESSIONS: Unlocking the Potential of the Internet of People, Things and Services, Solutions for More Inclusive and Participative Cities, Creative Cities: Unlocking the Potential of Produsage and Co-creation, Challenges and Opportunities in the Digital Age, How are Startups Innovating Cities
• 15:20 - 16:20 PARALLEL SESSIONS: Solutions to Improve Urban Mobility and Achieve Sustainable Development, Driving Innovation Through Art and Technology, 4YFN AWARDS 2016 SMART CITY EDITION – FINAL
• 16:30 - 17:00 KEYNOTE SESSION: David Bollier - THE CITY AS A COMMONS
• 17:00 - 17:45 ROUNDTABLE SESSION: Data Politics
• 17:45 - 18:00 CLOSING SESSION
CALL FOR SMART CITY AWARDS 2016
In 2015 with 14,288 attendees and 421 speakers from 568 cities, the Smart City Expo World Congress (SCEWC) reaffirmed itself as the world's leading event for smart cities.
In order to identify cities, projects and innovative ideas in line with nurturing sustainable urban development, the World Smart City Awards were established, and each year hundreds of proposals are received from key smart city players from around the globe.
The aim of these prestigious awards is to recognize, promote and support innovative solutions or strategies that can potentially change citizen's lives by increasing efficiency, generating business and improving quality of life.
Winners will be announced at the World Smart City Awards on November 16th in a ceremony that attracts an audience of more than 1,000 key public and private decision makers, providing an excellent opportunity to gain prestige and visibility.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE? Cities, companies, entrepreneurs and startups, social innovators, research centers, universities, public and private organizations and consortiums are welcome to submit projects and initiatives that cover one of this year's tracks: Governance, Economy, Mobility, Society, Sustainability, Data & Technology and Circular Economy.
- City Award
Cities that demonstrate established strategies, initiatives and policies developed for its citizens.
- Project Award
For implemented projects that are already benefitting inhabitants in a specific smart city area.
- Innovative Global South Award
Jointly organized with the General Assembly of Partners for Habitat III, this new prize considers innovative ideas that address pressing global challenges located in the Global South (Asia, Africa and Latin America).