Recognizes the most innovative proposals that offer a disruptive approach to Customer Experience or Management for the tourism and travel industry.
Tourism Innovation Summit is today opening entries for the Tourism Innovation Awards 2020. The first physical event for tourism and travel leaders that will take place next November 25th to 27th in Seville, Spain opens the Call for Awards to recognize all the innovation within the industry. These awards recognize outstanding innovation projects created to boost user experience while integrating new business models or using advanced technology that can bring a change in the current tourism landscape. The organizations interested on participating can submit their projects until October 23rd through the following link.
The proposals that will be considered to participate in the Awards must be in the framework of the following categories:
- The Best Customer Experience Awards. It recognizes the work of a destination, travel company, tourism business or project that is delivering an excellent customer experience.
- The Best Innovation on AI and Data Analytics Awards. It is focused on recognizing teams and end user organizations that are doing groundbreaking work to deliver business outcomes using Data Analytics, AI and IoT technology.
- The Best Digital Campaign Awards. This award recognises an organisation within the travel industry that has a well implemented strategy to successfully market its products or services using digital technologies.
- The Best Sustainable Tourism Project Awards. It is a category that want to recognize the efforts into moving tourism towards to a more sustainable, inclusive, diverse and digitize industry.
- The Best New Business Model Awards. This category aim to demonstrate the benefits to achieve a sustainable and profitable future through technology and innovation as a game-chaning of the industry.
Tourism Innovation Summit 2020 will be the first physical event in the tourism sector, where industry and public administration leaders will meet to design the future market trends on global tourism sector as well as reactivation strategies and collaboration frameworks. TIS will be the conference to define the route map to recover the business pace and improve its financial sustainability through digital transformation. Tourism Innovation Awards 2020, organized as part of TIS - Tourism Innovation Summit, are targeted to companies, universities, business schools, academics, researchers, analysts, startups, accelerators, science and technology parks and innovation centres around the world that want to revolutionise the tourism sector and the user experience through digital innovation.
“TIS is a meeting point to restart the tourism industry activity, which is essential for the global economic recovery due to its contribution to the world's GDP and employment”, states Edgar Weggelaar, Tourism Innovation Global Summit Director. “Tourism Innovation Awards 2020 recognise the implementation of innovative business models or technology in the tourism sector that can make a change though its transformation and adaptation to the new international context”, concludes Weggelaar.
All proposals will be reviewed by an international evaluation committee, which will assess each work based on different parameters: innovation, leadership, disruption, strategy and implementation viability. The winners will be announced on November 26th at the award ceremony in Seville.